Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Ballet Oil Painting, Janice Warriner

Emma
9 by 12
oil on panel
available on my website at http://www.janicewarriner.com/

Here, a simple scene is made into something special. I hope through my paintings, viewers begin to know the things that are important to me and that I care about.
Many of my ballet paintings are available as cards or prints at

This is my daughter Emma. She was posing for me in her ballet costume. She is not in ballet this year, but has, instead taken up singing lessons.

To achieve a loose feeling in this painting, I used a large brush and used all the leftover paint on my palette. I also have recently taken advice from master painter Neil Patterson and I am currently not using any medium or turps. This makes the paint nice and thick, and layers exceptionally well.
You can follow my daily paintings at

No comments:

Post a Comment