Friday, August 26, 2011

"Comfort Zone" by Giselle McMenamin


"Comfort Zone" oil on canvas 8x8"


AHHHHH! Finally a new painting done! I can't believe so much time went by and I didn't get anything done before this. Anyway, this one was a quickie. Only about 1 1/2 hrs. Promised myself since studio time has been limited lately with all family members home, I'd move quickly. This is a piece that I am adding to my Bethany Beach series I started mid summer. It was one of the last shots I took as I perused the late afternoon scene on a picture perfect day. The gal didn't look like she was going anywhere soon and seemed to be very comfortable all by her lonesome listening to the "quiet". Comfort Zone came to mind when I finished the painting. That place we all like to be where we feel no stress and things are going according to plan, no disruptions just total peace for a little while anyway. Few and far between for me but this painting brought me to that place. Really enjoyed the process. Hope you like!

No comments:

Post a Comment